Monday, January 23, 2017

The Cost Of The U.S.-Led Air Campaign Against The Islamic State Is Now $11 Billion

An F-16 Fighting Falcon assigned to the 134th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron takes off at the 407th Air Expeditionary Group, Dec. 29, 2016. The 134th EFS is flying combat missions for Operation Inherent Resolve to support and enable Iraqi Security Forces’ efforts with capabilities provided by the fighter squadron. (U.S. Air Force photo/Master Sgt. Benjamin Wilson)

DoD Buzz: Cost of Air War Against ISIS Climbs to $11 Billion: Pentagon

The cost of the U.S.-led air war against the Islamic State has climbed to nearly $11 billion since its inception, the latest figures show.

By the end of 2016, the Defense Department had spent $10.72 billion on Operation Inherent Resolve since the mission began in June 2014, up from $5.5 billion for the period ending the previous year.

The Air Force shouldered about two-thirds of the costs, or more than $6 billion. The Army accounted for 17 percent; the Navy, 12 percent; and Special Operations Command, 8 percent.

Roughly 40 percent of all costs went to air support in the counterinsurgency fight, with more than 17,000 strikes launched to date. Munitions accounted for 22 percent of overall costs; logistical support was at 19 percent.

Read more ....

WNU Editor: $11 billion and climbing.

2 comments:

Kisers88 said...

"War news updates"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the doesn't a title like tend to make one believe that is what you will be reading ?
With all the currents wars and possible new wars happening around the globe, there is very little a very limited "updates" given here.
After bypassing one political article after another I found one that caught my interest but then I discovered it was 2 years old.
Then I clicked on another just to find out I had to subscribe to continue reading.
In my opinion, this site gets a big thumbs down

Jimmy said...

Kisers - I don't know what rock you live under, but I plead for you to show me a more moderately diverse, knowledgeable and competent war news blog/avenue.
Mr.WNU puts much effort into mainting this blog, so some gratitude would be greatly appreciated.