Thursday, March 12, 2015

This Young Woman Is Despised By The Ukraine Government And State Media

Crimea’s chief prosecutor Natalia Poklonskaya. © Ruslan Shamukov/TASS

ITAR-TASS: Poklonskaya says appointment as Crimea’s Prosecutor General could have cost her life

She said she received calls with threats from Ukraine’s Prosecutor General’s Office

SIMFEROPOL, March 11. /TASS/. Appointement to the position of Crimea’s Prosecutor General could have cost her life, Poklonskaya said in an interview with TASS on Wednesday. She was appointed as chief prosecutor by Crimea’s Supreme Council (now called State Council) a year ago — on March 11, 2014.

"Someone called me, tried to frighten me, threatened me, told me I would go to jail, I would be killed, torn apart," Poklonskaya said. "I received calls from Ukraine’s Prosecutor General’s Office. They openly told me that if I leave the prosecutor’s office of the Republic of Crimea now, they would assess it as voluntary refusal from criminal activity. If not, then a car with special services is already on its way, I would be arrested and thrown into prison. I said that I would better be in prison than serve fascists," she added.


Update #1: ‘Rather be in prison than work for fascists’ – Crimean Prosecutor Poklonskaya -- RT
Update #2: I Would Rather Sit in a Jail Cell Than Serve Fascists - Poklonskaya -- Sputnik

WNU Editor: She reminds me of my cousin in Kiev .... a beautiful woman but someone who you do not mess around with. Crimea’s chief prosecutor Natalia Poklonskaya is the "poster child" that the Crimean government wants to show to the rest of the world .... and they have been successful. But this publicity has created a firestorm of hate from the other side, and in some of the news coverage that I am reading in the Ukraine press .... wow .... like I said there are some who really hate her.

No comments: