Monday, January 26, 2015

Are US Military Boots On The Ground In Ukraine?

From Zero Hedge: Amid the devastation of yesterday's Mariupol artillery strikes which killed or wounded dozens, which was promptly blamed by both sides on the "adversary" - and has been proclaimed by both 'sides' (more on that later) as more violent than before the truce - an 'odd' clip has emerged that appears to provide all the 'proof' a US intelligence officer would need to surmise that US military boots are on the ground in Ukraine. As the following clip shows, a Ukrainian journalist approaches what she thinks is a Ukrainian soldier (since he is wearing a Ukrainian military uniform and is carrying an AK) and asked him as they run through the battlezone, "tell me, what happened here?" His response, which requires no translation, speaks for itself.

Forward to 2:36 for the 'Ukrainian' soldier's response:



Update #1: American Soldiers Caught on Tape in Mariupol, Ukraine? -- Sputnik
Update #2: Military-clad English-speakers caught on camera in Mariupol shelling aftermath -- RT

WNU Editor: This clip is making the rounds on Russian media and in social media as proof that U.S. military personnel are involved in the Ukraine conflict .... as to what's my take .... so he spoke good English (at least in that one sentence) .... it does not necessarily mean that he is a U.S. soldier/mercenary/intelligence operative. I should know ... because that soldier could have been me. Russian is my first language, Ukrainian is second, English is my third, French is my fourth, and I know a little Chinese and Korean. I have been speaking English since I was ten years old .... good teachers, private lessons, demanding parents, etc. .... if you hear my English today you would think that I was either from Canada or from the U.S. .... you would never "paint me" as someone whose nationality is Russian ... until I start speaking Russian. And I am not the only one who can speak colloquial English .... there are many other Russians and Ukrainians who can do the same. My weakness is writing in English .... which is one of the reasons why I started this blog in the first place .... to practice my English. As to my French .... sadly .... even though I now live in the french province of Quebec in Canada .... it is still a work in progress .... but I am getting there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or did I hear a little bit of a British accent?

ghsdthjrsn said...

Either British or Australian...

Anonymous said...

your English is very good, I think. Better than most Americans, LOL.


Jay Farquharson said...

Guy's shoulder flash is Azov, who have no shortage of " foreign" volenteers, and have already lost one American in combat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F4DpPr9xy5U

War News Updates Editor said...

Jay. I always love your analysis of the Ukraine conflict .... you always find the good stuff that makes me question my own coverage and understanding of the conflict and/or adds to it. Thank you.

And yes ... there are a lot of foreign volunteers in the Ukraine army.

James said...

Good call on accent by readers and Jay on the flash. There is no telling who this guy really is and what he is really doing (I personally doubt he's more than some guy trying to pull a big paycheck), but it's propaganda gold for Putin and the East.